• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ron Davis, Ashley Haugen, Linda Tannenbaum and Raeka Aiyar at IiME #OMF

When or how will we know the content of the presentations, other than Twitter? The meat of things.
I'm so brain fogged, sorry.

There will be a DVD for purchase of all of the talks from today. That is why we are not allowed to video or report directly on the talk content. I believe it is already for presale

You can buy the DVDs here:
http://www.investinme.eu/IIMEC12-DVD-Order-EB.shtml

The website says that the earlybird offer will last until the end of May 2017, but the offer is still up today.

Thank you, Janet and Ashley, and everyone sharing this conference with us!

It's so great to see all of these pictures and updates and imagine being there. It makes me sad though too. When I saw the dining tables I almost cried. It made me realize that I hadn’t been to a restaurant in over 2 decades. I hope someday soon we can enjoy celebratory feasts over the eradication of this disease and toast all the wonderful scientists and advocates who helped us get there!

Rooney

I wanted to be there so bad that I just ponied up. Needing to replenish the hope tank. The smiling friends I've never met and the candled tables were just beautiful.

Thank you all for your work on my behalf.
Sofa gal of 15 years.

Countrygirl

It is midnight and there is a triple terror attack on London, including London Bridge. I do hope everyone at the conference is safe.

Has anyone news of all those who attended the conference?

Edited to say David Tuller has said he is safe.

Last edited:

msf

I had a long talk with Ron at the end of his day. Great talk with the Swedish researchers at breakfast. He especially commented on how excellent, competent, insightful and useful Maureen Hanson's talk was. He met a cool Nowegian Doctor who is educating doctors in Norway and making sure patients have informed doctors. He wants Ron to go speak in Norway! Also spoke with Mella, Whittemore, Unger, Hornig, Klimas, that great Danish doctor who stands up against the forces of CBT, GET, and MUPPS and is in Unrest, and more I can't remember. He said his talk went well but the slide changing button didn't work well so he added in more stuff while he struggled to change slides! Raeka was wondering what was going on, but in the end they decided that might have made it even better! LOL Lots of good connections happening!

I didn't see this thread before, but I'm very excited about a possible cross-fertilization of ideas between Prof. Davis and Hanson. I am also very excited about the August meeting, especially as it also includes Chris Armstrong.