• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

RH negative question

Wolfcub

I wasn't sure where to post this so thought maybe general symptoms. But it's more of a question.

I am AB rh-negative blood group. All my life I have had a lower than normal body temperature. I have heard that rh negatives have this as a natural trait. I have had lower body temperature always, an have been generally very fit with great stamina and few illnesses life-long.
I got nowhere "googling" it because there is so much woo-woo online about "blue bloods".

So I thought I'd ask here and if anyone else has this trait please do let me know.

Now it's getting in the way of my early morning temperature chart for possible sub-clinical thyroid issues.
The doctor by the way checked my bloods for thyroid problems and tests all came back fine.
Plus I don't profile for either hypo or hyper.

But the low temperature is worth a question.

StarChild56

I am RH negative, A. I have had low body temperature since I can remember, my "normal" is like 97.4. Way before becoming ill.

rel8ted

B-
97.2 average
Until I fell ill, I had trouble remembering my own strength and had to be told to slow down and rest. I am now the opposite of that.

woo-woo does not even begin to describe the witchery on the internet about rh negative blood type.

Wolfcub

Thank you all. Very helpful replies :)

I just did google it and ended up on this forum where some person wrote something like a 2000 word post in bright red and with no text breaks about how they came from outer space....:alien:
I didn't read it all :_

Our thermometers are in Celsius. I average about 36.4 daily. The thing is I always had that. I hardly ever feel horribly cold unless the weather is, but can sometimes be cold and not realise it.