• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

RFQ: creating a chart of order codes for labs for a national lab as a procedure

Has anyone created a chart of order codes for a major lab for the possible infections listed in the flowchart? I have found there to be a problem organizing even the roadmap into a first stage diagnostic testing procedure for my physician to write up as lab tests.

If not, I would like to offer to chair this project.

The goal is to provide a chart that serves as the the instructions for an enthusiastic but uninformed treating physician to write up the lab orders. For example, a chart should have the order codes to have everything in round 1 testing (or as much as technically possible) written up and run in a single pass at a national lab like Labcorp or Quest. Your physician can then sign a prescription order for it, attach it to the list, and send you off to Labcorp or Quest to have all the labs run at once.

In the terms of getting things done, this is the "procedure." for accomplishing complete stage 1 diagnostic testing in one visit to a lab.

Note that this is based on my feeling that this is a significant streamlining of something that is otherwise difficult and obscure even to physicians. (Many don't know how to order labs to be processed at another lab) And that for those of us with adequate insurance, the most efficient starting point is to run all the labs at once in a national lab that is in virtually every single person's network.

RFC? (request for comments)

Last edited: