• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Raising ejection fraction

sillysocks84

Does anyone know their ejection fraction? Mine isn't terrible. But it is 55 and I am 30 and starting this adventure. I would like to work on raising it. Do beta blockers help? My heart rate is always high. ALao my dhea is low? Could supplements help?

Eeyore

55 is completely normal. Don't worry about it. Normal is about 50-60.

ME doesn't generally result in a reduction in EF so I don't think you have any concerns here if your cardiac workup is normal and your doc isn't worried about it.

If your heart rate is high, beta blockers would lower it. This might be more comfortable, but it might make you feel worse - it's individualized. It can also lower blood pressure, so talk to your doc about it and see what he/she thinks.

sillysocks84

I previousy got another echo done at ku med and ejection was 70. .n the first place also had ended up telling me I had pulmonary hypertension, ku med ran tests telling me they were wrong about that diagnosis.