• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Quorum sensing, biofilms and the future

Here is a link to this subject. It is only available for a day or two. It does laast half an hour or you could skip to 15 mins in. It is about the future direction for fighting infection. Absolutely fasinating, but of little use for us atm. There is one mention of either garlic, or an extract of garlic or maybe they are refering to allicin as the extract - i am a little unclear as i have been told i was wrong to presume they are refering to allicin. I cannot get on with herbs, garlic, allsorts, but i think that i may well suffer for a week or two prior to my next tx if it interferes with the communication between all these pathogens in the biofilm.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b02x93f1