Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2016: Our Voices Need to Be Heard
Never heard of Invisible Illness Awareness Week? You're not alone. Jody Smith sheds a little light to make it more visible
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Questions Answered by Dr. Naviaux

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by RL_sparky, Sep 13, 2017.

1. junkcrap50

junkcrap50 Senior Member

No, I don't have a reference on it. Just thought I remembered reading that, but I could be wrong. And of course, I was not implying it was safe for seld-experimentation.

PinkPanda likes this.
  2. Daniel Tobin

Daniel Tobin

Dublin
    Have you used the suramin yet? I am very keen to do so but it's difficult to figure out how to go about it. I'm unsure as to how I approach issues such as dosage preparing the medicine, administering it etc. Have you looked into how you might organise that?

3. Sushi

Sushi Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Have you noted that Dr. Ron Davis reported that the sources of Suramin available (other than from Bayer) may be contaminated and that this could have affected the results of some trials?
    You should have PM available now.

Countrygirl likes this.
  4. ash0787

ash0787 Senior Member

5. Jesse2233

Jesse2233 Senior Member

Southern California
    If that’s true, then perhaps Dr Wantanabe might be interested in a trial

6. hixxy

hixxy Senior Member

Australia
    That seems like it wouldn't be possible because of patents.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  7. Daniel Tobin

Daniel Tobin

Dublin
    I believe the patent is expired on suramin so companies or labs are able to produce it.

pattismith likes this.
  8. hixxy

hixxy Senior Member

Australia
    He was making a statement in general about all drugs.

9. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

hi @Learner1 have you had much success with ivig?

10. Learner1

Learner1 Forum Support Assistant

Pacific Northwest
    Yes, my symptoms are much better than when I started. If I delay an infusion, I seem to get sicker. But, in general, my life is better.

Sushi likes this.
  11. Chris

Chris Senior Member

Victoria, BC
    I don't know if this is the right thread in which to post a thought I had, but here goes. I take Naviaux's warning that if there is a continuing toxicity, treating the CDR may be counterproductive. I have seen no reference in his short lists of possible triggers to the issue of ELF/RF --low frequency and Radio Frequency emissions--but serious scientists like Martin Pall, retired Emeritus at Washington State U, and Paul Heroux at McGill U, have written detailed accounts of just how these energies, even at low power, can and do damage our bodies. There is by now a huge literature on this, including Martin Blank's excellent little book "Overpowered" and Devra Davis' "Disconnect", focused on cell phone damage. My own case of ME started-slowly some four months after moving into a cell phone tower masquerading as a high-rise apartment building. When I began to realize what might be happening, I rented a Stetzer meter and found sky-high readings of high frequency pollution on my power outlets. Then very high readings of RF around the building.
    I moved, but am now battling a downstairs neighbour who unknowingly had both Wi-Fi and a DECT phone, both of which were flooding my apt with RF, verified by a professional. I fear that for some of us minimizing our exposure to external toxins may prove very, very difficult. I am currently trying Dichloroacetate, with some very partial success; if I win my war (a very peaceful one, I should state) I hope the improvement will accelerate a bit. I hope. I don;t know whether Naviaux has figured this possibility into his thinking.

Learner1 likes this.
  12. Tally

Tally Senior Member

@Chris Dr. Ron Davis has been asked a very similar question to this. If I remember correctly, he doesn't think there is any merit to this, but if it worries you so much he recommended building a Faraday cage and seeing if your symptoms improve in it.

13. Chris

Chris Senior Member

Victoria, BC
    @Tally--thanks for this reply, but with the utmost respect for Ron Davis, I think he is wrong on this. Martin Blank (recently died, a Columbia prof who has been researching this stuff for 30 years) has a paper on just how this stuff triggers the "stress response" in our cells--seems like another version of the Naviaux "CDR"--may be more limited, but .... Building a Faraday cage is not that simple, and does anyone really want to live in one? There are bed shelters available, but they are expensive and inconvenient. As always I think it is better to go to the source.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    Learner1 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.