• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Questions about Trifield RF Meter

Womble

I think I finally have to take the plunge and buy a Trifield Meter, for my RF sensitivity,

...but have some serious questions:

1. Will the meter just measure activity of things it is extremely close to, or could it detect a cell phone that is in the house but a larger distance away?

2. Could it detect RF that is coming in from outside agencies such as a neighbor using wi-fi or a smart meter outside the house?

3. Does it only detect a cell phone when it is receiving or making a call, or can it detect a cell phone that is simply powered on?

4. Have you ever seen a Trifield Meter give a positive reading even when a cell phone was powered off?

My main concern is I will spend up to $200 on a meter, and it won't really tell me much useful information. I get sick from a lot of RF including cell phones that are further away and sometimes even off (yes, it is true).

Maybe you can recommend a good meter that might fit my purposes.

Would appreciate advice.

Thanks,
Womble