• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Question for those who've done the Nutreval test?

caledonia

Do you think it was worth it to do the Nutreval test? If not, what would you have done instead?

I'm trying to decide if I should do this test or not. I looked at a sample report and outside of heavy metals and gut stuff, I don't know if it's that useful.

I've done the HDRI/Vitamin Diagnostics methylation pathways test and methylation SNPs via 23andme.com and found those very informative and useful.

The purpose of this testing is to help me customize my methylation protocol for my particular needs, while minimizing expense. Everything will be paid out of pocket.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Do you think it was worth it to do the Nutreval test? If not, what would you have done instead?

I'm trying to decide if I should do this test or not. I looked at a sample report and outside of heavy metals and gut stuff, I don't know if it's that useful.

I've done the HDRI/Vitamin Diagnostics methylation pathways test and methylation SNPs via 23andme.com and found those very informative and useful.

The purpose of this testing is to help me customize my methylation protocol for my particular needs, while minimizing expense. Everything will be paid out of pocket.

I wouldn't do it out of pocket. It is a very expensive test and does give good information (if you get the doctor's report, not the patient's). My insurance paid almost all of it, otherwise I would not have taken it.

Sushi

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
What is the difference between the doctor's report and a patient's report and how would I get one?

The doctor's report has a lot more information and details--maybe 10 more pages? Just ask your doctor for a copy if you get the test. My doctor was happy to give me a copy.

Sushi