• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Question for anyone who has applied for Valcyte through Genentech

Gingergrrl

I have decided to remove this post after much thought and it has nothing to do with the responses that I received which I really appreciate!

Last edited:

Kati

Patient in training
Hi @Gingergirl, Gen Foundation will not ask you these questions, and these kinds of questions will be taken care of by OMI. They will ask you financial question, for to qualify to their program you need to earn less than 100 000$ a year, which should not be a problem considering you have not been working in 2014 as far as I know.

Do not worry.

NK17

@Gingergrrl, as @Kati has well said, the clinic will take care of medically justifying the need for VGC in your specific case.

You'll just have to fill out the form regarding your income, but I remember having a conversation with the person at OMI that was handling my patience assistance application and being specifically told that being CMV + is a prerequisite for being accepted.

Nonetheless I really hope that you'll be able to access the treatment through Genentech's PA too.

You're in good hands at OMI and they'll surely do everything legally in their power to help you out.