• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pumpkin Seed purge for parasites?

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
The idea is to make a sort of paste with raw pumpkin seeds, eat it, then an hour or so later take castor oil or senna to induce a bowel movement. It is an old remedy and apparently works well on tapeworms and other worms.

Has anyone ever tried this?
What were the results?
Any downsides to the treatment?

What about the castor oil - ive never take it before, is it very strong?

DE has also been suggested as a natural remedy - the only problem i can see is with bretahing it in (silica) and i think this has to be more of an industril exposure. But i have lung fibrosis and am a bit afraid of handling it wrong. Anyone tried this?

Thanks. Justy.

Rand56

hi justy

I'm currently taking DE. Been taking it now for almost 2 weeks. I'm noticing more frequent bowel movements which is a good thing. It acts as a diuretic so make sure you drink more water when taking it. I've only had some minor herx reactions but it's hard to say it's directly from the DE because I'm also taking mimosa pudica. If you take it make sure it's "food grade" and also start off slow with it to see how you respond.