• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Probiotics and the immune system in the gut

I have tried small amounts of probiotics in the past. I saw on public TV about Dr. Brenda Watson discussing how 70-80% of the immune system is in the gut (intestines + colon). Dr Watson is a Certified Nutritional Counselor, not an MD. She started RenewLife, a company that specializes in gut disorders.

She was saying that it takes a lot of probiotics to get the system back to normal. Maybe it's too good to be true, but I've been searching for a way to permanently fix the CFS immune system.

Has anyone tried this?

I remember that bacteria eats up Candida A. yeasts.

I know that my CFS started from toxic metals, I got these out 6 years ago. All dental amalgams removed. Lead was high too.

Timaca

I was on a LOT of various kinds of probiotics because I had C. difficile and also took antibiotics. The probiotics did not help my CFS.

Best, Timaca