• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pots?

Fuzzyhead

I have had m.e for 12 years but my symptoms have changed since November. I was in the shower and I felt shaky and like I was going to faint, like when you feel like you need something sweet to eat. I had to sit down for a few minutes. 2 days later I went to get up in the morning and I had full on spinning vertigo and dizzy head 24/7 and a foggy head. I had pressure in the left side of my head and headaches. My dizziness was worse when I layed down or went to get up and certain positions I put my head. My gp thought it was bppv. The vertigo lasted a month and I haven't felt right every day since. I have night sweats, nausea,loose bowels, no appetite, depression, headaches, anxiety, extreme fatigue and my face seems to flush after I eat and somedays I feel like I can't breath properly and the back of my throat feels odd.
Does any of this sound like pots?

Valentijn

Vertigo isn't a part of POTS.

I've had bouts of vertigo too ... once during and after my pre-ME infection, and once about 6 months ago.

VeganMonkey

You can get dizzy spells from POTS, due to the blood pooling in the legs and not having enough to go to the brain. Especially when getting up from lying down or sitting.