• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Poor circulation maybe from low H2S (what helps me)

My CFS always had a particular pattern in the very beginning (20 years ago). I was cold, stiff, I had low body temp (70 F and below), I got dizzy when I stood up, and my mouth was dry. This of course devolved into worse things. I finally got rid the of the CFS using a natural vasodilator (berberis vulgaris) and sometimes I still need this (like if I've just battled the flu and my body is exhausted) but on a normal day......

On a normal day I find that elemental sulphur under my tongue warms me up when my body temp drops. Much of the sulphur goes directly into my circulatory system if I take it under my tongue (homeopathically) so maybe that's why it works so quickly to warm me up. I haven't tried taking MSM pills but certainly I've tried taking tons of sauerkraut juice and it didn't do much. Dandelion root taken with meals helps me the most with digestion and overall inflammation. (joints/liver/etc.) I take half of what the bottle recommends.

H2S is needed for healthy circulation - I think it is aided by NO2 gas.The internet says H2S helps with circulation by making blood vessels more elastic amongst other things. Without this you get blood pooling in your vessels. Homeopathy says basically the same thing - sulphur is taken to treat engorgement in your liver (which blocks bile flow). That's why the dandelion root helps too.

You guys can correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I got out of all my reading.

tyson oberle

My CFS always had a particular pattern in the very beginning (20 years ago). I was cold, stiff, I had low body temp (70 F and below), I got dizzy when I stood up, and my mouth was dry. This of course devolved into worse things. I finally got rid the of the CFS using a natural vasodilator (berberis vulgaris) and sometimes I still need this (like if I've just battled the flu and my body is exhausted) but on a normal day......

On a normal day I find that elemental sulphur under my tongue warms me up when my body temp drops. Much of the sulphur goes directly into my circulatory system if I take it under my tongue (homeopathically) so maybe that's why it works so quickly to warm me up. I haven't tried taking MSM pills but certainly I've tried taking tons of sauerkraut juice and it didn't do much. Dandelion root taken with meals helps me the most with digestion and overall inflammation. (joints/liver/etc.) I take half of what the bottle recommends.

H2S is needed for healthy circulation - I think it is aided by NO2 gas.The internet says H2S helps with circulation by making blood vessels more elastic amongst other things. Without this you get blood pooling in your vessels. Homeopathy says basically the same thing - sulphur is taken to treat engorgement in your liver (which blocks bile flow). That's why the dandelion root helps too.

You guys can correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I got out of all my reading.
I never heard of anyone with a body temperature of "70 F and below", and according to my research hypothermia starts at 95 degrees F. Anyway, how does elemental sulphur under the tongue warm up a person? Is it by increasing H2S? And do you have any links about sulphur, circulation, H2S, body temperature, etc.? I often feel very cold and I would be willing to try elemental sulphur under the tongue to see if it warms me up.
I also get dizzy often when I stand up and I would be willing to try berberis vulgaris as well , but I thought a vasodilator would make dizziness worse?

I'm not an expert but I think vasodilators will drop your blood pressure. I took berberis vulgaris because the blood was pooling in my blood vessels and clogging my bile flow and then I got lots of infections. The vasodilation removed the pooling while also increasing blood flow to infected areas. It's just a guess but I figure the sulphur under my tongue might increase Sulphur or H2S gas concentration in my blood and that signals my body to do something - maybe dilate my blood vessels. I don't think the amount of sulphur in a homeopathic dose is enough to be nutritional. It won't increase bile. I figure it acts as some kind of signal. There are other articles that talk about H2S in the blood but below are the ones I found with a quick search.
(FYI my right shoulder and the right side of my neck clench up (it starts at your shoulder blade) and that's how I know I'm getting the blocked bile problem. It's a sign of liver/ gall bladder area inflammation.)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26162830
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/02/150219115736.htm

HI,
Berberis vulgaris is homeopathic for barberry. I was very debiltiated so I had to take a water dose. You'll need to see a homeopath for that if you are also debilitated.
I'm basically cured now thanks to the elemental sulfur (also homeopathic). After the water dose of berberis vulgaris stopped helping, I took the elemental sulfur under my tongue, starting at low potencies and increasing as needed.

I eat tons of different kind of organic sulfur and none of it does me any good. It has to be the elemental sulfur if I want to get better.

I believe I've suffered from a kind of chronic sepsis for 20+ years. CFS sufferers who have a tendency to be dry, and cold, and a tendency to get chronic systemic candida might benefit from my experiences.

I have a much better understanding of all this now. It turns out H2S signaling improves circulation (for me) by increasing the creation of little blood vessels for wound healing in the guts, and by increasing blood volume which improves hydration all over - so that helps fight infection, remove toxins, etc. (I'm still young so the blood pooling is not so much a factor yet.). I've noticed all this improvement during the healing process, and honestly i was NOT EXPECTING my guts to be involved. All of my pain is in my hip, neck, and shoulders but it turns out there's a trigger point for this somewhere in the area of my appendix. It's tender right now but it's not causing me pain anymore!