• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Please help me find an IOM-related resource

Andrew

I've been searching and searching for this and can't find it. What's worse, is I think I asked about this before and someone gave me a link. Either in email or here. I'd search more but I keep drifting.

Can someone give me a link to the actual CFSAC recommendation. The one that HHS is misquoting as an excuse to hire the IOM.

Esther12

Sorry, can't help. Sounds like the sort of thing someone here should have a copy of though.

Denise

I've been searching and searching for this and can't find it. What's worse, is I think I asked about this before and someone gave me a link. Either in email or here. I'd search more but I keep drifting.

Can someone give me a link to the actual CFSAC recommendation. The one that HHS is misquoting as an excuse to hire the IOM.

This is the list of highest recommendations :

http://www.hhs.gov/advcomcfs/recommendations/cfsac-recs513.pdf
Clinical CFSAC recommends:

that you will promptly convene (by 12/31/12 or as soon as possible thereafter) at least one stakeholders’ (ME/CFS experts, patients, advocates) workshop in consultation with CFSAC members to reach a consensus for a case definition useful for research, diagnosis and treatment of ME/CFS beginning with the 2003 Canadian Consensus
Definition for discussion purposes. (10/12)

Hope that helps