When the 'Holiday Season' Is No Holiday at all for Those With ME/CFS
Is December getting to you? Jody Smith shares some thoughts on some of the struggles that all too often attend this time of year ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

PIP Appeal Today - Any Tips?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by CFSNewbie, Aug 8, 2016.

1. CFSNewbie

CFSNewbie

I have my PIP appeal today . Eek !

I was awarded 6 points in total - I only want / need a further 2 points as I feel I'm entitled to standard care.

I have a last minute bit of evidence that the judge may or may not accept !

Any tips ? :)

Wendymay likes this.
  2. CFSNewbie

CFSNewbie

I won :)

I was awarded enhanced rate care . I can't believe it - and the relief it's all over!

The panel were lovely even though I cried all the way through and forgot most of what I was saying .

Does anyone know what happens next?

3. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Live happily ever after? Or at least for 9 months, before the next form needs to be filled in!

Pleased to hear it went okay, although sorry to hear you're so ill though.

4. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Great news CFSNewbie, but sorry that they put you through all this extra stress.

My ME was much worse after appearing before a tribunal. Not only was it stressful but there was a lot of work to get all the paperwork, forms, doctors reports etc for them.

Congratulations though. people who have never been through this often don't understand how hard and unfair it can be.

5. Wendymay

Wendymay

Hi, I'm just waiting for forms to arrive in the post to claim pip. Any advice ? Ideally I'd like to have enough points for a mobility car, walking these days is too painful, thanks x

See more popular forum discussions.