• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

peroxide in nasal spray??

Gypsy

Hi!

I don't have any experience with peroxide, but wondered if you ever tried this nasal spray called SinuOrega? (Oreganol P73 Nasal Spray). I have used it, and it feels like it definitely opens up the nasal passages and it is supposed to be a natural antibacterial/viral. Iherb sells it, since I can tell you shop there :)

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Gypsy no I haven't used it. Theres s few sprays I find open up sinuses but after something that helps with infections. I will look into what you have mentioned. Thanks.

LaurieL

Peroxide is an oxidant, meaning it creates free radicals in which the supposed bacteria or fungii are killed, but it also creates free radicals in which also take out some of the normal cells as well. Peroxide used to be the medical establishments recommendation to use on minor cuts and abrasions when trying to disinfect. But unfortunately what they found is that the free radicals created, (like the oxidative burst of in vivo cells encountering infectious agents) is that the free radical production interferes with healing, and it actually takes longer to heal normal tissues.

Perhaps this might be something to consider, especially those in which are having problems with ROS and healing.

Another consideration is the capablility of bacteria in response to oxidative products. And that is toxin production. In producing toxins, this allows the bacteria to persist in an oxidative environment, because of the oxidants ability to compromise normal tissues, allowing it to spread further into damaged tissues.

LaurieL

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I think im clutching at straws as i dont think any spray/rinse will reach where the infections are ie frontal sinuses. I think i need to treat the neutropenia, dont see doc till early sept and will have blood work before i see him.

cheers!!