• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Part 2

Hi everyone,
I got the results of my first sleep study test, no sleep apnea. The doctor strongly suspects I have narcalepsy and wants me to have a day time sleep test. Has anyone here been diagnosed with this disorder? I'm not sure how I feel about this. I have been told so many things, its difficult to really believe anything at this point. Just wanted to get your thoughts. Just feeling blah.
Thanks

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
I have had the sleep study and the daytime (nap test) for narcolepsy and mine came back as moderate to severe narolepsy without cataplexy. The thing to remember is narcolepy is an autoimmune disease and although we do get diagnosed with it, I'll always wonder if we were cured would that diagnosis be overturned. think it would because the one thing we all have in common is just a completely messed and ever changing sleep pattern, which is probably due to an erratic cortisol rythm or some other hormone dysfnction. We have no recourse at this point like we do any of our other symptoms and that is treat the way we need. This disease just strings out so far in a circle and we don't know where it starts or stops. This circle is very much different for some of us, but there is still not a start or stopping point.