• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pacific Fatigue Lab, Dr. Klimas VO2max test, and generic VO2 max test

November Girl

I hope/plan to go and see Dr. Klimas next year, especially since I've found she accepts Medicare at the university clinic. I'm curious if the VO2 max test she does will produce as much data as that done at the Pacific Fatigue Labs. I'm confident it will tell me what I need to know for proper pacing, but I'd love to have a records of all the differences in my metabolism as compared to the norm. I don't need this for disability, but it might help open my primary care doc's eyes a bit as to some of the differences between a PWC and most others.

There is also a place in town that does VO2 max tests for athletes. I assume I could get the needed test results, even if the accompanying recommendations were all wrong. I doubt they would do all the data collection done by Pacific Fatigue.

Any thoughts on the relative merits of the three?

*GG*

Is the VO2 max test covered by Medicare? I wouldn't think so, and on another forum, I believe the guy who went thru it said it cost him $500. The test is also done at Cornell in Ithaca, NY and last I knew it cost $15000. FYI

GG

PS If you need an answer to something, feel free to PM me.