• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

PACE trial data release: MEA website poll

sarah darwins

Wessely must have voted against... Who else?

Come on, we know Lord Voldemort is smarter than that. I'm sure he's ordered the Death Eaters to vote 'yes' so he can then claim the poll is too good to be true and must have been rigged (even Saddam used to give the other guy a couple of per cent).

Last edited:

taniaaust1

• Should be released (100%, 1,048 Votes)
  • Should not be released (0%, 2 Votes)
  • Not sure (0%, 3 Votes)
  • No opinion (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,053

h
ow many were involved in doing that study? I guess we can expect to see that many vote for it not to be released.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
how many were involved in doing that study? I guess we can expect to see that many vote for it not to be released.

641 patients were enrolled but why wouldn't they want their data released? It can't possibly identify them and if I'd risked my health in a clinical trial I'd want the best possible use made of my data in the interests of myself and other patients. That means data-sharing with other researchers, not letting the PACE authors hang onto it forever. I'd want to see the protocol-specified analyses done.

Any patient who has kept up about the issues will want the data released, IMO. And I think it's especially in the interests of the patients in the trial that that happens.

worldbackwards