• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

oxygen - fatigue and OI...MY EXPERIENCE

MartinK

Hi all!
I have been thinking about it for a long time - but now I've done several tests...

Its about oxygen in body - and differences with make moves, walking, staiyng OUTSIDE / INSIDE
Ozone therapies also brought me to this...

Because - after ozone therapy, my fatigue, inflammation and OI is better for this one day.
Or...when I walk or stay 10 minutes inside room, Im really tired from this and my OI and inflammation go bigger and bigger...but when I walk or stay 10 minutes outside on clear air (best is cold), Im OK and I can walk without bigger problems another 10 minut...

All the connections I see here is oxygen...oxygenation of my body.
The same is with ozone therapies...

can anyone explain this?
can it be a guideline for some root of problems?

it's not a treatment, it's not a miracle - but here is differences in my CFS!

can there be some defect with oxygenation of the organism? bad breathing? another disorder?

Its really interesting for me and maybe something deeper is under it...
anyone the same experience?

best regards for all!
Martin

MAF14

I have no answers for you but I'd suggest seeing if you can get access to any oxygen tank/mask and see if that helps while you stay inside that room... Or just throwing it out there, could your home be the issue (ie mold)?

Solstice

Fresh air does do me the world of good. When I was still able to take walks in the woods i'd come back exhausted but PEM was way shorter and I'd feel better in the next days. Whether it's the air or the sun or a combo I don't know, I think it's a bit of both to be honest for me.

Murph

:)
Good science starts with observation. We don't have much science in support of this, yet, but I do know some people have got better from HBOT - Hyperbaric oxygen therapy.

MartinK

thanks a lot!
no mold at home...worst is the hot dry air inside...everywhere.

Ozone therapy was good, but the effect was short-lived - pity, in any case beautiful, feeling a bit better on the day in ozone...bigger walk, less inflammation...
And...it's so expensive for most people (long time support with ozone)

HBOT is another way, yes...I will test it soon and I will write differences between this and ozone...

I do not think its just a cure, but its good support - but...big question for me is still - it does not indicate a malfunction, guide to some bad things with muscles, nerves...some CFS cases?

I would like to know more...

Hope, KDM tell me something next week...

best regards for all, Martin

femtosecond99

Just be careful with ozone therapy, as it is not a recognised treatment for CFS or anything else, and it has caused a number of deaths. Ozone is a toxic gas.

It's very easy to measure your blood oxygen saturation...just buy a "pulse oximeter". They sell for $10 or $20 on amazon, and they are very reliable. Most likely you don't have an oxygen saturation problem. The symptoms of hypoxia are quite different from OI.

It's possible that it wasn't the ozone that caused you to feel better, but something non-specific to the treatment (e.g. the trip to the therapist's office, placebo effect, or the natural course of your CFS).

jason30

I am also very interested in the world of oxygen.
When I blow a few times I get very dizzy. Too little oxygen to the brain I guess?!
I also feel better with fresh air.

HBOT is a way, but unfortunately bad availability in my country.
I have came across several liquid oxygen drops, but those drops only gives a little oxygen.
Does someone have experience with those oxygen supplements / liquid drops?

Good tip about the pulse oximeter, but I am almost sure I have less oxygen. What's the next step if you found out?

Currently looking into Buteyko.