• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

oxygen/Co2 ratio in blood and energy?

Due to the fatigue associated with having this illness, I often don't have sufficient energy to even muster up a chuckle when I find something amusing. However when I do laugh, I often find myself having improved energy for around the next 10 minutes or so until it wears off. I also notice I don't yawn or feel the urge to yawn as often as I normally do. In an odd way, it almost feels as if I am getting more nutrient rich blood to my brain. Can anyone explain this to me?

Biarritz13

IMO when you laugh you increase the oxygenation of your body (organs/cells) and your brain releases endorphins.

Maybe you should try oxygen therapy!

@Theodore I thought so, but I don't think it's offered for me/cfs patients in Australia /: have you tried oxygen therapy/know of people who have benefitted?