• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

OMF's Researchers Gather at BRMEC8!

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Hi guys,

OMF%20End%20MECFS%20logo%20.jpg

OMF's Researchers Gather at BRMEC8!

Dear all,

I am excited to share with you that this week I am attending the Biomedical Research into ME Colloquium 8(BRMEC8) with six members of OMF's Scientific Advisory Board. Our delegation is spending quality time together. (Pictured below: R to L: me, Dr. Øystein Fluge, Dr. Jonas Bergquist, Dr. Ron Davis, Dr. Maureen Hansen, Dr. Wenzhong Xiao, and Dr. Ron Tompkins.)

London%202018%20v3.jpg

On Friday, June 1, we will also participate at the Invest in ME International ME Conference. Dr. Davis will present, "Revolutionizing biomedical research through technology development" and Dr. Hansen will present, "Research at the Cornell Center for enervating neuroimmune disease." If you will be attending the conference, be certain to stop by our table.

Being with this team is truly inspirational.

From London, with hope for all,

linda%20signature%20001.jpg

Linda Tannenbaum
CEO/President

www.omf.ngo

Great to see so many incredible researchers at one place.

B

Murph

:)
The first two days of this conference (known as BRMEC8) are held in secret, I believe. We're not supposed to hear what has happened with Cyclo, etc. (although I'd love to know!)

The third day (known as IIME conference) is open to the public and we will find out some stuff, I suppose, but not as much as the people who attended the closed days!

Re: cyclo. Here's a theory. If we hear nothing, that's a very good sign, given that they revealed the failure of Ritux. Also listen out for people like Ron and Hanson describing the conference as something like "extremely exciting" as opposed to something like "high-quality diligent science being done"

Last edited:

bertiedog

Is anybody from PR tweeting from the Conference today? Cannot wait to hear if there is any more news though we do seem to be doing well recently compared to 10 years ago.

Pam

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Is anybody from PR tweeting from the Conference today?
OMF is tweeting:
OMF Scientific Advisory Board member Dr. Maureen Hanson presenting at the Invest in ME Research conference in London. <a href="https://t.co/4I00q3e2Nr">https://t.co/4I00q3e2Nr</a></p>&mdash; Open Medicine Foundation (@OpenMedF) <a href=" ">May 31, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gemini

The third day (known as IIME conference) is open to the public and we will find out some stuff, I suppose, but not as much as the people who attended the closed days!

@Murph, do you know if DVDs of the third day presentations will be offered like last year? They were reasonably priced and nicely formatted.