The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Nutrition Experts: What is the nutrient content of raw liver juice?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by douglasmich, May 29, 2016.

1. douglasmich

douglasmich

Call me crazy, but instead of buying vitamins I've started to make raw organic calves liver juice.

YES i am aware of the risks of raw meat and i don't condone it. Not looking to discuss this.

What id really like to know is, if i grind 100g of raw calves liver into a pulp, then press it hydraulically, what vitamins and minerals will be in the juice?

Will vitamin A make its way in there?

Again not looking to discuss the dangers or the reasons. Just want to know the nutrient content of raw liver juice. The method of extractor i use makes a very potent juice its not just watery.

much appreciated

2. invisiblejungle

invisiblejungle Senior Member

Not sure if the vitamin A would make it, since it's a fat-soluble vitamin, and the juice would be mostly water.

Just curious, why wouldn't you just eat the whole raw liver instead of juicing it? I was a raw foodist for a couple years, pretty much lived on raw meat, raw dairy, raw bone marrow, etc. Raw liver tastes pretty good. But raw pancreas is a different story! :thumbdown:

3. douglasmich

douglasmich

Ok cheers.

My digestion is 100% broken i cannot eat solid food. I have been juicing everything and now liver !

4. u&iraok

u&iraok Senior Member

U.S.
  5. invisiblejungle

invisiblejungle Senior Member

My digestion is 100% broken as well. I'm actually getting surgery soon to get a feeding tube. Raw liver juice sounds like a good idea!

You should try some blackstrap molasses if you haven't already. It's one of the most mineral-rich substances out there. Nutritional yeast is pretty good too. It's a powder that you could add to your juices. The brand I like most is Bluebonnet.

If you want to be sure about vitamin A, you could buy gelcaps that contain vitamin A extracted from fish oil, cut them open, and squeeze them into your juices. The brand I use is Country Life.

See more popular forum discussions.