• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Normal systolic pressure and low diastolic pressure

Hey there,
I am working a bit on understanding more of the mechanisms of blood pressure/pulse pressure etc.
I was wondering what a normal systolic pressure combined with a low diastolic pressure means. I hope someone can explain.
For example 110/55 (one hour after waking up, after a coffee, 0.5 liter of water and fludrocortisone)

For me 110 is high, and my diastolic pressure is lower then usual. This happens every morning now.
Later on the day, the diastolic pressure goes up.
Its not that I am really worried about it :) but it does surprise me because I used to have narrow pulse pressure during that time of the day. Lower systolic and higher diastolic. Now its really wide, and diastolic is lower then it used to be.

The resting heart rate differs each day, often its around 55-ish around that time in the morning. But after a lot of upright time the day before, it can also be 88 or more, when my body is still 'wired' from the day before. (everything is measured sitting)

Last edited: