Phoenix Rising tells QMUL: release the PACE trial data
Mark Berry, Acting CEO of Phoenix Rising, presents the Board of Directors’ open letter to Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) urging them to release the PACE trial data, and hopes that other non-UK organisations will join British charities in the same request...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Legendrew, Aug 28, 2014.

1. picante

picante Senior Member

Helena, MT USA
    Both of these articles are about how inhibition of nNOS and eNOS and potential overstimulation of iNOS could be mechanisms underlying specific symptoms of ME/CFS.

Just how hypothetical is this overproduction of iNOS, I wonder? My NOS2 snps, I am told, are downregulations. I suspect that would be one reason my EBV antibodies are in the stratosphere (22 years after having infectious mono).

I can't be the only person here with a high viral load, either.

A very interesting read, nonetheless. I'm starting to understand nitric oxide a little better. Thank you, Andrew!

2. RUkiddingME

RUkiddingME Senior Member

Canada
    Vert interesting stuff! My question is, has anyone tried nitric oxide supplements and what were the results?

3. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

Cornwall, UK
    I don't think people supplement nitric oxide itself but use things that increase nitric oxide in the body, which are e.g. nitroglycerine and isosorbide dinitrate. Some people have reported their experiences with these - try a search using the top-right box.

See more popular forum discussions.