• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NIH MOVING AT BUREAUCRATIC PACE WHILE ME/CFS METABOLOMICS FINDINGS GET HOTTER

*GG*

Well certainly if you call each other naive when you are trying to understand each other then I imagine it is the exact same kind of conversation.
Do you call each other naive in those circumstances ?

Are you offended by the word Ignorant as well? Why not just put this to rest :)

GG

alex3619

So if someone like Obama says to the NIH: "go solve ME/CFS" that is all very well; but if nobody in the NIH is interested in ME/CFS, then Obama's injunction just becomes a troublesome and boring burden to the NIH, rather than a fascinating challenge.
That actually sums up the history of the CDC and ME until very recently, starting with the things recorded in Osler's Web. The CDC might have recently changed, but substantial evidence of that is still pending.

alex3619

I reckon that will happen with ME/CFS as well. Once public funding paves the way, pharma is going to get on board. But they are not going to research ME/CFS while they are not sure there is any payoff there.
I have been saying this for years. Now Younger is saying there is evidence of pharma getting interested. The time when real money toward cure becomes available might be very close.