• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Night sweats - revisited

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Okay so on and off I've suffered with the most horrendous night sweats since getting ill.

My doc recently suggested it may be down to fluctuating blood sugar levels - nah I thought..
But I trust her so I thought I'd give it a go, reduce carbs right down, increase fats and protein, no carbs (for me anyway after 4pm) I couldn't get my head round eating fatty meat after a lifetime of lean:( so instead increased the olive oil I always dash over my veg anyway.
and ........ its working - I can say (but should I?) that the night sweats are down by 95% and given we've had the hottest few weeks in the UK for some years it was a good time to give it a try.

Another tip - I was waking at 3.15amish (strange) every day - and then tossing and turning for 3/5hrs, the doc suggested taking nytol, I took a 1/4 of one tablet (full adult dose is 2tablets) I wake as usual at 3ish but then drift back off. This has been the pattern since. I have a bit of a funny head when I get up - nothing serious - but as soon as I have some water and coffee it goes away. Well worth it.

Enid

Interesting maryb - playing with diets myself (sweats occur at any time, raised glands etc),