• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nice Guideline review

Sherby

Sherby
Just spotted this at The ME Association, Its 3am and have just flicked through it.

A short statement from The ME Association about the Nice Guideline review.

http://www.meassociation.org.uk/?p=2816

A questionnaire was distributed to GDG members and the National Collaborating Centre to consult them on the need for an update of the guideline. Ten responses were received with respondents highlighting the FINE and PACE trials as emerging new evidence (results of the PACE trial have not been published at this time) and new research on therapy (therapy not specified). Conflicting evidence on the association between retrovirus and CFS/ME were also highlighted. However, this is considered outside the remit of the original guideline. No published literature relating to the scope of the guideline was specified through the questionnaire which contradicted current guideline recommendations.

The majority of respondents felt that there is insufficient variation in current practice supported by adequate evidence at this time to warrant an update of the current guideline.

I must admit that i have not read through in detail, so cant comment until i wake up.

Wonko

<insert diety of your choice>!!!

so evidence of a biological cause which would impact on treatment/management guidelines is outside their remit?

so what - exactly - is the purpose of re-evaluating their guidelines if evidence which suggests their current guidelines are inappropiate is outside their remit and cant be considered?

makes one wonder if theres too much inbreeding going on in the old boy network these days......