• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NEW SPANISH M.E. PATIENT-LED IMMUNE BIOMARKER STUDY!

Daisymay

Very promising sounding new Spanish ME patient-led immune biomarker study - fundraising needed.

See full article and video at this link:

https://afectadasporlosrecortessani...anish-m-e-patient-led-immune-biomarker-study/

"NEW SPANISH M.E. PATIENT-LED IMMUNE BIOMARKER STUDY!

ASSSEMBiomedics did a preliminary ME immune biomarker study with 200 ME patients over the past two years, (results of which cannot be published as it was a tentative study without an ethics committee). But the results were promising! They showed, in people with ME, an inverse relationship of the two Natural Killer markers, a relationship which had not yet been discovered between CD57s and NKp46s. This could indicate profiles of viral reactivation of EBV and CMV in people with ME.

This aspect was pointed out to ASSSEMBiomedics by the new Natural Killer Expert Group in Barcelona, under the leadership of Dr Lopez-Botet, experts in NKs and who are the co-discoverers of the biomarker NKG2C. (They are not researching on ME, despite their interest in ASSSEMBiomedics’ work).

ASSSEMBiomedics thinks that they can determine these new biomarkers in NK cells (NKG2C, NKG2A, KIR-ILT2) in people with ME in their new study, and that it would be coherent with how Rituximab works and with the percentage of health improvement that the Norwegians have been able to achieve (2/3): reactivation of EBV in B Lymphocytes and autoimmunity."

Gijs

@professor Edwards, could these markers be a significant finding for ME/CFS patiënts and lead to a real biomarker?

Owl42

Psychedelic bird
This sounds really promising to me, I hope we can get some real paths for our condition soon, even if it needs EVEN MORE economical implication.