• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Fluge & Mella rituximab study: post MEDIA LINKS here

Sasha

Fine, thank you

Kyla

ᴀɴɴɪᴇ ɢꜱᴀᴍᴩᴇʟ
Never heard of them but I'm sure that's my ignorance talking!

Comments are closed (looks like they were never open).

@Sasha they have a huge readership, and a history of turning science stories viral.

From their media kit:

Monthly page views: 135 million

Monthly unique visitors: 45 million

Monthly impressions: 315 million

Kyla

ᴀɴɴɪᴇ ɢꜱᴀᴍᴩᴇʟ
:jaw-drop:

If only they took comments and we could have got a donation link on there! :aghhh:
Definitely a missed opportunity.
I think the comments close automatically after two days, and the article is a few days old. So clearly it didn't get a lot of traffic.

I think It's still worth trying to get as many people as possible to share this link via Twitter, Facebook etc. If we can get a lot more people to view it it could get pushed into top content, and it would make them more likely to cover the topic again.

It's not a perfect article, but it's pretty good. Worth trying to get more exposure.

On the plus side, the lack of comments at least means there are no terrible dismissive ones ;)

Sean

From that article:

Having once been dismissed as psychosomatic, there is now medical acceptance that it has a biological cause,
Might be a little optimistic. Increasing medical acceptance, certainly.

“Eleven of the 18 responders were still in remission three years after beginning the treatment, and some have now had no symptoms for five years,” Fluge told New Scientist. “Suddenly, their limbs started to work again and their hands were no longer cold or sweaty.”
:)