• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Need help with mold tests in Canada

Hi :)

Im helping out a friend who lives a couple hours from Winnepeg (Brandon). She moved into a moldy house, you know the rest. She moved out and immediately improved alot but is still suffering some pretty dramatic symptoms.

Yeast overgrowth is now a problem when not kept in check and we strongly suspect viral activity too, possibly even lyme, who knows.

We have been wanting to check C3a/C4a and haplotype but are unsure of how to go about it, I have no advice for her in this regard as I am not from Canada.

She has a pretty open minded doctor who actually even prescribed her cholastyramine to try based on info she gave him, so we have a "normal" doc that is willing to help.

She would also be willing to see someone else if that is required or would help. Are there even any docs that follow Shoemaker in that area? Any words of wisdom on how to proceed and get these tests?

Thanks a bunch. She should be on here shortly, I think shes waiting for her screenname

Hi there. Impossible posted this on my behalf. (Thanks!)

If anyone has any info on how I might get these tests done from Canada or if there might be any knowledgeable Lyme doctors in Manitoba, please let me know!

Thanks guys!