• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nausea - detox or liver issues?

Plum

Hi

I usually have nausea! I know it's due to my liver being sluggish. I usually have it under control with liver detox herbs.

But tonight my partner cooked some red meat and when I smelt it cooking I thought I'd throw up. I used to get like this and it was linked to hormones and liver sluggishness. But I haven't had it since I've had severe ME. I have aired the house and burnt oils but I can still smell it.

Any ideas?

I have been taking spirulina for about 1 week. Not loads. About 1/4 teaspoon. Is it possible it's detox issues, causing my liver to get backed up?

I don't eat red meat myself but have been fine with the smell until tonight.

In case anyone suggests it - I'm not pregnant! :)

Sing

I was told by a top herbalist that spirulina, blue green algae is harvested in large part from a very polluted lake. If I were you, I would stop taking it either all together or for weeks and see how you do. Chlorella, which is another one of those supplements which is supposed to be a health food, made me very sick with vomiting and my gut was not the same for a long time.