• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My weird "PEM"?

Prefect

I was hoping to get some insight into what happens to me after exercise.

I have no problem exercising, and am fine during and right after. I have mild POTS but manage to exercise through it no problem.

Exactly 12 hours later I get lightheaded for about 4-5 hours and then it goes away. My body is absolutely fine though. I've been watching it for weeks, and it's like clockwork in terms of timing and duration, regerdless of exercise intensity.

What could this be?

I've been trying to guess myself:

-cortisol crash?
-mast cell degranulation? But I don't get any allergic type symptoms, just lightheaded.
-Is this my own special version of PEM? It can't just last for 4-5 hours, and it should be more than lightheadedness...

I'm at a loss.

Thanks,

drob31

I was hoping to get some insight into what happens to me after exercise.

I have no problem exercising, and am fine during and right after. I have mild POTS but manage to exercise through it no problem.

Exactly 12 hours later I get lightheaded for about 4-5 hours and then it goes away. My body is absolutely fine though. I've been watching it for weeks, and it's like clockwork in terms of timing and duration, regerdless of exercise intensity.

What could this be?

I've been trying to guess myself:

-cortisol crash?
-mast cell degranulation? But I don't get any allergic type symptoms, just lightheaded.
-Is this my own special version of PEM? It can't just last for 4-5 hours, and it should be more than lightheadedness...

I'm at a loss.

Thanks,

Maybe an immune system shift via cytokine levels changing? Maybe adrenal hormone levels drop?