• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My study published in PNAS

kaffiend

Unfortunately it's not ME/CFS research, but I just had a study published in PNAS (although the methods could be applied to any neurological diseases with cognitive problems)

Dynamic network structure of interhemispheric coordination
http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2012/10/23/1216402109

I'm not cured or completely recovered by any means, but hopefully this offers some encouragement to other patients who just want to get back to their lives, work, careers, family and friends. I'm profoundly improved from a year ago (my worsening second year of illness) when I was completely house-bound and now I'm just grateful to be well enough to continue with my research.

valentinelynx

Congratulations! Michael Gazzaniga has done wonderful work and it must be fascinating to be working with him. And it must be tremendously satisfying to you to be able to work productively again.

Marco

Grrrrrrr!
Wow - congratulations.

I read a lot of Gazzaniga's work in the 1980s as a Psych undergrad.

Research is great - I'm jealous (but very happy for you to be able to return to it - long may it continue).