• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My recovery story, in case anyone is interested

naoise

thanks for the replies everyone. I just wanted to mention a few things. The main point I want to put across is that there is no 'one' thing that will cure cfs, you can the most perfect diet in the world and it will not cure you. When I originally cut out dairy/gluten I thought to myself, I'm not cured therefore diet isn't the cause of CFS. I then proceeded to add dairy/gluten back into my daily life. This was the wrong move. What I'm saying is, if you start a healthy strict diet and it doesn't cure you do not go back to eating unhealthful foods because it will only make it harder to recover.

In my Misc video for people that can not watch them I state that I changed everything down to:
wearing no perfumes or deodarants. (I had 2 lumps under my armpit from blocked lymph nodes which is a really bad sign)
Playing no video games
watching no intense television shows or movies (watching very easy to watch programs like family guy instead)
because I noticed these hindered my bodies ability to be calm. Video games/movies/tv shows that were intense kept my body in the 'wired' state I was in for years.

I literally changed everything about my life. even down to not plastering deodarant under my arms and I believe it helps. I looked at my CFS as a scale, and taking the weight off 1 by 1 from the heavy side.

I forgot that many people here mentioned that they can not watch the videos so I may come across as somebody that is just saying 'eat healthy and you'll be ok'. Far from it!

When I had CFS I used to compensate my lack of life with television/movies/games. This was counter product to healing, big time. That is just one aspect that needed changing. I could of cut out all stimulation and not be cured If I didn't change my diet aswell amongst otherthings.

for the people that can not watch videos, I could type it all out for you if you would like?

That comment about when you said you cut out dairy etc but saw no difference and added it back in...that is EXACTLY what I'm doing. Eating terribly cause nothing works! But you're right even if it doesn't make me better it's gotta help eating good food and lots of green veg, carrots etc.