• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mucuna Pruriens - Anyone tried it?

I was recently reading up on the mutations in my methylation pathway and the best protocol moving forward when I stumbled on mucuna pruriens in some of Dr Amy Yasko's literature. I've been struggling with severe depression for a number of years (I believe as a result of my methylation being messed up) and this looked like it could be a beneficial supplement to take. I am currently on Methyl B12 and will be adding in methylfolate this weekend. The methyl B12 has been helping with energy, mood and overall health issues I've had but still have a long way to go. This post is mainly directed at whether or not anyone has used mucuna and if it has been beneficial for them. Thanks in advance!