• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

mosquito bite red lines

can anyone please help?

i was bitten by a mosquito bite a couple of days ago and woke up this morning to find two red lines coming out- theyre just under a cm at the moment but concerned they may travel. ive been putting lavender and oregano oil on it but so far no difference. i also started oregano oil internally today. if anyone knows how to stop the infection from spreading i would greatly appreciate your help. i want to avoid the antibiotic route as much as possible. thanks in advance

Runner5

When my son was little he had insanely fragile skin, felt like tissue paper, and bug bites / scratches would get massively infected. I used Colloidal silver, which we had on prescription back then. However I'm told that people don't use that anymore for wound care, but it did work for him back 20 years ago. I don't know if that's over the counter now, I think it might be...

Take care and if it gets worse maybe go into the clinic to have it addressed. ((hugs))

hi thanks a lot for your reply and advice. i couldnt get a doctors appointment so my husband took a photo of my bite to show a pharmacist and he said it looks ok for now but advised to monitor it and if the red streaks get worse then to see a doctor. he emphasized if im in a lot of pain, then that would indicate a problem but its not painful. i always thought the red streaks signified it was going through the blood stream/ lymph. hopefully it wont travel.

Gingergrrl

I recently had a horrible inflammatory reaction to a spider bite and ended up seeing my dermatologist who prescribed Clobetasol cream. It was like a miracle cream and the bite is totally gone now but it was hideous and extremely itchy (but was not infected). Am posting in case this is helpful. Can you see a dermatologist?

thanks a lot for your help and suggestions. its slowly going down and the red lines halted so thankfully i didn't need to take anything for it other than applying oregano oil and tea tree oil.