August 8th, 2018: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe ME
Have you heard of our Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance? Please join Jody Smith in observing this day and honoring the 25% of those with ME/CFS who are most severely ill.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

More saliva, dry mouth

Discussion in 'General Symptoms' started by Chugi, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Chugi

Chugi

Hey all

I am now 4 years with this awful disease. Now i have more and more a dry mouth and have to swallo much more...i am a bit scared that it started now...somebody else who knows that?

Thanks so much

2. Howard

Howard

Arizona
    Hello Chugi,

I don't have much to offer, but in my case the extreme dry mouth symptoms were a result of bad teeth. They make saliva drops, so you may wish to check on those, too.

3. jesse's mom

jesse's mom Senior Member

Alabama USA
    Is your sodium and or sugar intake too much? when I drink diet drinks, or gatorade and such for nausea I get more and more thirsty. It can be an endless cycle when I am sick at my stomach. I am sure to rinse my mouth and spit when I get super extra thirsty now.

4. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Have you considered Sjogren's syndrome?

Plum and HeleneG like this.
  5. HeleneG

HeleneG

It is not unusual to develop Sjogren's if you have another autoimmune disease.

Plum and sb4 like this.
  6. Cipher

Cipher

Sweden
    Dry mouth and abnormal thirst are some of the symptoms of undiagnosed type 1 diabetes.
    If you have any of the other symptoms of type 1 diabetes I urge you to seek medical help ASAP and get your blood glucose level checked as untreated type 1 diabetes will lead to diabetic ketoacidosis which is fatal if untreated.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018

See more popular forum discussions.