The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Milk intolerance severe

Discussion in 'Hypersensitivity and Intolerance' started by sick2long, Dec 8, 2014.

1. sick2long

sick2long

There was a test I took in a gasteroenterologist office to see how sensitive you are to milk.
    They asked me to drink a large glass of whole milk and after 10 minutes or so I had to blow into these mylar like balloons. They then read the gas expelled in some kind of meter.
    They told me that I was the most highly sensitive patient they ever had to milk. I am not sure if they were measuring lactose intolerance or other substances in the milk.
    I used to be able to drink milk and have ice cream no problem until I got this disease.
    Anyone else get this?

2. Mary

Mary Forum Support Assistant

Southern California
    Lots of us! I think most of us probably. Wheat's a pretty big no-no for many if not most of us as well.

xchocoholic likes this.
  3. SDSue

SDSue Southeast

Florida
    Count me in. Even a little cream in coffee will do me in for a full day and night. Same with gluten. I used I test occasionally just to be sure, and each time the reaction was worse. I no longer test!

Like you, I had no problems until I fell ill with ME/CFS.

AndyPandy, Valentijn and xchocoholic like this.

See more popular forum discussions.