Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

MERUK: Severely affected ME/CFS patients – a geographically defined study

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Firestormm, May 17, 2014.

1. Firestormm

Firestormm

Cornwall England
    Be interested to learn how many are in the study, and how much it will cost if anyone can find out :)

Last edited: May 17, 2014
    justy, Bob, Valentijn and 2 others like this.
  2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    I was reading their Severely Overlooked by Science essay, and I think there are problems with it. Those problems appear to be more about how existing research is conceptualized than about future research. Mostly it has to do with interpretation of data from things like the FINE trial. Subjective data is being taken as the same level of evidence as objective data.

Esther12 and merylg like this.
  3. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

I wonder it the muscle strength test should be a two day one.

Valentijn likes this.
  4. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    I think it should be, and so should cognitive testing, until and if we learn otherwise.

Little Bluestem and Valentijn like this.
  5. Min

Min Guest

UK
    I tentatively welcome this, having supported MERUK's excellent work over the years. The severely affected have so far only been included in the farcical FINE trial in UK research.

It is concerning to some that MERUK have joined the CFS/ME Collaborative that includes Prof of Psychiatry Peter White of the PACE trial, Dr Esther Crawley of the SMILE trial of the Lightning Process on children, and AfME, also involved in PACE.

I do hope researchers will look for persistent pathogens in the severely affected in the near future.

Valentijn and justy like this.

See more popular forum discussions.