• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mental fatigue only

soxfan

Here I go with another fatigue question...since this is my disabling symptom. Does anyone ONLY have mental/brain/eye/head fatigue? I have to admit I do get the feeling of being totally physically drained when I have a crash which is several times a year.

On a daily basis I have almost intolerable head tiredness/fatigue where I feel the overwhelming need to lay down and just close my eyes. It is almost a painful fatigue but not a sleepy or drowsy feeling. Just the need to close my eyes and rest...which really does no good but necessary.

I have no weakness...no memory... cognitive....thinking...problems. I do have to limit my computer and phone use but it seems to not make much of a difference.

I am able to do almost anything physical ...well not intensive exercise but am able to walk 4-5 miles daily and chores.
I don’t feel the fatigue as much if I am just sitting down but when I start moving around it gets bad. Sometimes my eyes start to burn but it is not dryness a season I have been tested.

I have not been diagnosed with POTS as the doctor doesn’t think it’s the issue...

Any thoughts? I am thinking about seeing a therapist because I have no where else to turn.