• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Medical care rotten to the core, Dr Burzynski video

xrunner

Not sure whether this is old but I had never heard of it before.
So I got this video/documentary on Dr Burzynsky. A doctor who discovered antineoplastons as a potentially effective treatment for cancer. It left me speechless. I thought I had seen it all but this one is in a different league.
I thought that a corrupted healthcare system and doctors (White, Wessley, Chandler at al.) could “thrive” in our case due to ME/CFS being very under researched.
Well, it seems that even when scientific data are available, it doesn’t prevent unscrupulous doctors, law enforcers, regulators and pharma manipulating facts, and shamefully so, when against their interests.

sianrecovery

This made me feel very sad indeed.I have lost so many people I loved to cancer, and two of my close friends at the minute have terminal cancer. If there was indeed a lost path to remission, fenced off by money and greed and power and institutional hegemony, it would be devasting.

floydguy

I think there should be a push to rename "Healthcare" to "Medical Services Industry". There's very little "care" going on these days.

Marg

I have known of him for a long time. They even put him in jail once or maybe more than once. The people get to him too late after all the chemo. It is unbelieveable, guess this is not the land of the free. I know of two people that went after cut burn and poison.