International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day Is On May 12, 2018
Thomas Hennessy, Jr., selected May 12th to be our international awareness day back in 1992. He knew that May 12th had also been the birthday of Florence Nightingale. She was the English army nurse who helped to found the Red Cross as well as the first school of nursing in the world.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

ME/CFS Housing Co-Op

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Quemist, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Quemist

Quemist

Savannah, GA
    Currently, I'm having a lot of problems finding people to live with who understand what it is that I'm going through. Family has been helpful but not as helpful as I thought has time progresses.

I used to stay at a housing co-op in Cupertino that I absoutely adored. It was like a dorm room full of really, really amazing people.

What would be the feasibilty of starting a housing co-op of ten or so people with ME/CFS so we can help each other? Preferably near a treatment facility-- but it would help cost of care for a number of people, I believe.

ghosalb, WillowGris, perrier and 3 others like this.
  2. Dainty

Dainty Senior Member

Seattle
    Any ideas for location?

My partner has an RV, and a place with hookups would be awfully convenient.

WillowGris likes this.
  3. Quemist

Quemist

Savannah, GA
    You know, I'm not sure. I feel like it should be close to a doctor who would be amiable to working with more patients. I'm pretty much up for anywhere.
    Cali is a bit too expensive. Any ideas?

WillowGris likes this.
  4. Quemist

Quemist

Savannah, GA
    Who would be interested in South Georgia? Asheville, NC? @Dainty, I think that there are a number of places that have hook-ups around there.

5. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

I'm not interested in moving, but Asheville, NC is beautiful.

Quemist and Jennifer J like this.

See more popular forum discussions.