• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"ME/CFS: Ethical and Unethical Uses of NLP" (August 2014) by Nancy Blake

Tom Kindlon

This sounds like Lightning Process, a form of NLP:
-----
"If this power [of NLP] is engaged in persuading a person with ME that all will be well if they just deny their illness, give up the habits of rest and energy conservation they have learned to use, and any aids they may also rely on, the patient may be carried along and attempt to overcome their illness in this way. The long term consequences can be disastrous. All too often, moderately severe ME/CFS, after a programme of exercise, becomes severe and apparently irreversible.[6]"
-----
This is written by somebody, Nancy Blake, who is both an ME patient and an NLP expert.

She stresses the importance of rest and the potential risks from pushing oneself and overdoing it.