A New Decade of ME Research: The 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry presents the first in a series of articles on the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

MCAS makes eye(s) suddenly blurry

Discussion in 'Mast Cell Disorders/Mastocytosis' started by Sherlock, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Sherlock

Sherlock Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing

Boswellia, USA
    A blogger is reviewing Afrin's Occam book and quotes him:

http://www.mastcelldisease.com/never-bet-against-occam-the-mcas-bible-in-review-part-five/

I've been having that for years, in the morning, but for me was almost always only in one eye. It's as if a film suddenly is over the pupil.

I'd never associated that with MCAS, but there it is.

2. Moof

Moof Senior Member

UK
    Yes, I often have it too. Feels like when I used to wear mascara and removed it with baby oil. I hadn't linked it with MCAS either!

Sherlock and shannah like this.
  3. lafarfelue

lafarfelue Senior Member

Australia
    Makes me wonder if I should push for an MCAS assessment next. I had just put my bouts of blurred vision down to general fatigue and dysautonomic issues.

Sherlock likes this.
  4. Sherlock

Sherlock Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing

Boswellia, USA
    Apparently, some allergy sufferers have the inside lining of their eyelids slough off. This seems like the same thing. The inside of the eyelid has many of... you guessed it, mast cells.

But come to think of it, there are times of instant onset. I cannot read the computer screen with that eye at that time. A few minutes later, it suddenly goes away. That's as described by Afrin above.

But I've also had lots of days where my eyes are blurry for many hours. The blurriness is not as bad at those times, either. I can read the computer screen, but barely, with a lot of squinting. That seems to have a different cause.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  5. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    Have any of you tried Zaditor eye drops (which is Ketotefin in an eye drop form)? It helps the eyes with inflammation and allergies from MCAS. I use it 2x/day and it's OTC and not a prescription (at least in the US).

Sherlock likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.