• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

M.E. and Me: A Doctor's Struggles with CFS.......new book out

Countrygirl

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1974267504

Has anyone read this new book out now about the struggles of a young doctor who has ME? It has some good reviews.

M.E. and Me: A Doctor's Struggle with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Paperback – 26 Oct 2017
by Dr KN Hng (Author)

5 customer reviews

1 Used from £6.924 New from £5.15

51hSE8ag0YL._SX35_.jpg

Diwi9

Administrator
@Countrygirl - I have read the book. It is short, simply written, and each page contains little text, so it is easy for someone with cognitive problems, to get through it bit-by-bit.

She tells her personal story, but also explains aspects of this illness that most people do not understand. Her description of her daily naps describe my experience spot-on. Feeling paralyzed as one slowly comes into wakeful awareness, and the time it takes to actually get out of bed and become operational after awaking.

I will be passing my copy along to a friend in the medical profession.