• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Low sulfite diet and Sulfite XX

littlebird6180

I've been doing a lot better but still seem to struggle with crashed after I eat. Long story short, my doctor says because of a genetic mutation I have, my body isn't getting rid of sulfur fast enough and so it's built up. She wants me to eat a low-sulfite diet for two weeks while taking Sulfite XX by epigenetics. She said she's seen vast improvement in similar patients who have done this.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried this - particularly taking the supplement. I found so little written about the supplement on the website - it doesn't even give an overview. So any info is gratefully appreciated.

Thanks!

Basilico

Florida
I haven't used this supplement, so I can't comment on it.

My husband and I both have mutations that should theoretically cause problems with sulphur. We did a sulphur free diet for 2 weeks and saw no improvement...afterward we went back to eating sulphur foods and felt the same. Afterward, I read about how critical sulphur is to many processes, so restricting it long term is not a great idea.

Who knows, maybe it will help you...worth a try, there's not much to lose.