• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Looking for Best So Cal ME Doctor

To confirm a frustrated neurologists' diagnosis of ME (or rather CFS) and help with treatment? I lie in the San Diego area and will travel! Any leads welcome, I'm lost right now...

halcyon

I'm not from there, but Dr. John Chia is probably the most well known doctor near you that sees ME/CFS patients. You will need a referral from your neurologist and the wait time can be 6 months or more. He is an infectious disease doctor and has done a great deal of research on the involvement of enteroviruses in ME/CFS.

The wait time sucks, but the good news is that he will order lab work right after you make the appointment. He will likely test you for things you haven't been tested for yet and you may be able to get a jump start on things well before your appointment.

Last edited:

Gingergrrl

If you are able to get up to No CA, there is also Open Medicine Institute which I recommend highly.