• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Liver Issues

Hi all,

I have the following symptoms: sleep issues, 90% of the time I wake up around 1-2am and then find it
very hard to fall asleep, quite frequently I have thoughts racing and overall I never feel rested. Also,
I have digestion issues for quite a while. Yellowish loose stool, probable indigestion of fats. Finally,
acne persists on my back, chest and face though it is not very severe but I outgrew adolescence 5-7 years ago.
Of course due to poor sleep, my mental functions are impaired aka brain fog. I also feel depressed quite
frequently without many reasons etc.

Now onto exploration part. I went to non-traditional doctor who was a cardiologist but got fed up with
traditional medicine and instead started to use biomagnetic fields to diagnose. She used some kind of software
and told me to hold an electrode in my left arm while using a device similar to voltmeter on my other hand's fingers.

I am not clueless about bodily systems and went there expecting to throw my money away. I had some ideas
about liver problems that might be caused by parasites, gallstones, lazy liver etc. So after only 5 mins of checking
the doctor immediately said that my liver is the main culprit. She said that I have cholecystitis and that my bile
flow is very restricted. Surprisingly, signs did not seem to point to gallstones but to parasites. I also complained
about my brain fog and she went on to check that. My vegetative system proved to be ill as well and the device pointed
back to the liver as the cause of it. Hence, it seems like all my problems stem from poor liver function.

She ordered to make sure to do echoskopy of gallbladder to check for stones though she is pretty sure they are
not the problem. She pointed out parasites, specifically mentioning lambliasis and was quite serious saying that
the items presribed might not get rid of them from my system, so I might need to go on mebendazole or smth similar.

Here is a list of items presribed: turmeric, Rowachol capsules, lecithin, milk thistle oil, Swedish bitters.

I also started to drink dandelion leaf tea and will get some peppermint tea to stimulate bile release.

After using those for a week I could swear that my stool is slightly more brown but it is very unclear still.

Now my questions are: what is the meaning of constant dizziness and a moderate headache? Here are the items from
the list prescribed that causes those symptoms: drinking 1 tbsp of milk thistle oil results in a slight headache lasting
for 1-2 hours after 3-5 minutes of ingestion. Using Swedish bitters(only half a dropper since using too much might lower blood
pressure too much) also makes me feel very weird. Finally, dandelion tea seems to be the most offending item because drinking
half of a cup will almost certainly make me sleepy, dizzy and tired. I could not go to university yesterday because of combination
of tea and bitters. I felt like my blood pressure was very low.

My sleep pattern did not improve, energy levels are still low and I am wondering what you think about this regimen.
It seems to do something but I feel pretty shitty following it. Any advice?

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
We cannot give medical advice here and even if we could I don't think we can advise without knowing what is wrong with you. I think you need to get a formal diagnosis from a conventional practitioner.

helen1

You might want to look into the diuretic effect of several of those herbs you're taking. Diuretics often lower blood pressure and will take out sodium, potassium and magnesium and other minerals as well as fluids. Maybe your symptoms have something to do with either decreased blood pressure or decreased mineral levels.

ahmo

Poor reaction to milk thistle could point to a difficulty with sulfur/high thiol substances. Do you react to broccoli, cauliflower, onions, garlic? If not, probably some other problem w/ milk thistle.

I had excellent results w/ herb Chanca Piedra for gall bladder and liver. I found coffee enemas the best way I found to treat my liver and adrenals. I wrote a blog, linked in my signature, which includes references at the end. Good luck.