Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2016: Our Voices Need to Be Heard
Never heard of Invisible Illness Awareness Week? You're not alone. Jody Smith sheds a little light to make it more visible
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Live YouTube Q&A Broadcast with a Younger Lab Researcher on March 3--send questions now

Discussion in 'Upcoming ME/CFS Events' started by usedtobeperkytina, Feb 23, 2016.

1. msf

msf Senior Member

To be fair, that is probably what most doctors would say.

2. msf

msf Senior Member

As an aside, the Southern accent is definitely my favourite American accent.

usedtobeperkytina likes this.
  3. Sushi

Sushi Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    He also said something like it is possible that you no longer have an active infection but the immune system still thinks you do and reacts inappropriately.

Mel9, Valentijn and green_monster like this.
  4. msf

msf Senior Member

I know, but the table I posted only included patients with culture-confirmed Lyme.

5. Sushi

Albuquerque
    He is also talking about doing "independent-of-the-NIH" fast track fatigue and pain trials. He would need about $4 million for this I think I heard.

green_monster likes this.
  6. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    He said he's going to answer remaining questions and do something like this every month and will also record info videos about his work. Looking forward to that!

7. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    Darn I missed it, messed up the time-zone:bang-head:

8. Sushi

Albuquerque
    They said that there would be a recording available in about 4 hours--if I remember correctly. He also plans to do something like this about once a month since they couldn't begin to answer all the questions that came in.

green_monster, Sasha and leela like this.
  9. SB_1108

SB_1108 Senior Member

Do you know where the recording will be available? Did they say?

10. Sushi

Albuquerque
    leela likes this.
  11. usedtobeperkytina

usedtobeperkytina Senior Member

Clay, Alabama
    Sasha, sarah darwins, Bob and 3 others like this.
  12. usedtobeperkytina

Clay, Alabama
    Well, in listening to the recording over and over again as I edited it to get the sound in sync (an unexpected technical problem I have to fix), I got tired of my accent. I seem to be sounding more southern as I get older. When younger, although raised here, most people here thought I was from the North. I spoke with clear diction. And my family roots are a father from Vermont and a mother from Birmingham (which is a different accent from rural south or mountaineer south).

But, people from the North always picked up on the southern sound. Did you know many companies prefer southerners for their customer service reps because of the perceived friendliness of the southern accent? Now, if we can get people to stop associating the southern accent with ignorance.

It's also nice to put in a southern American accent into the ME/CFS expert community. Just a little tip, you might hear a southern accent in Dr. Younger, too. Although he came to UAB from Stanford, he grew up in a very small town in Tennessee.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
    Sushi, msf, Scarecrow and 2 others like this.
  13. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
  14. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    I didn't realise it was you either Tina. Lovely to see you and hear you! :) Thanks for coordinating the video. :)

15. usedtobeperkytina

Clay, Alabama
    Yep, can't hide behind made up names any more.

Sasha and Bob like this.
  16. JAH

JAH Senior Member

San Jose
    Terrific video, thanks for hosting and posting. Nice to put a face and voice to your handle.

Very impressed by Younger, and hopes he gets his 4 mil., let us know when that fundraising begIns. So frustrating when guys like him have the ideas, equipment, people, just need $...thanks again Tina

See more popular forum discussions.